thx.core + try.haxe

Franco Ponticelli

May 13, 2015, 11:43:54 AM5/13/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Now that 3.2 is officially out I think it is time for thx.core to get its version 1 badge. What I would really like is to showcase the library using try.haxe. It doesn't have to be in the official website and I can host it myself.

The problem is that try.haxe doesn't support macros out of security concerns and thx has a few of them that I don't want to give up.

So what is the right solution to make try.haxe "safe"(r)?

Thanks,

Franco

Ashiq A.

May 13, 2015, 11:53:05 AM5/13/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On the topic of hosting in general, one thing I can add is that GitHub
Pages allows arbitrary hosting of HTML (and Javascript) -- I used to
use it to share a "current, in-development" version of my HTML5 games
with other team-members.

Although I know nothing about Haxe macros, I can suggest that if you
can compile your code using the js target, you can probably host it on
GitHub pages (free and performant).

HTH,

--Ashiq

Franco Ponticelli

May 13, 2015, 12:01:53 PM5/13/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
The hosting is not an issue and you still need a server to run the compiler (even for JS) :)

Ashiq A.

May 13, 2015, 12:22:51 PM5/13/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I see. I didn't realize you're compiling. Unless you want to
compile the compiler (!) in JS, my suggestion isn't useful.

--Ashiq

Stephane Le Dorze

May 14, 2015, 4:19:31 PM5/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Maybe to run the compiler in a Docker.. :)

Franco Ponticelli

May 14, 2015, 4:41:56 PM5/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Can't you still damage a single instance?

Stephane Le Dorze

May 14, 2015, 4:46:38 PM5/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
No way; a running Docker container can be fully controlled; you can control the volume of the host you share (if any), the Memory limit and CPU limit.
Not saying it does not requiers some work to configure but Docker is really easy to learn :)

clemos

May 14, 2015, 4:53:18 PM5/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too :)

I'll try to look into that when I have time.
Otherwise we can always figure that out with those who come at WWX, it would be fun ;)

Best,
Clement

Cauê Waneck

May 14, 2015, 4:54:23 PM5/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'd say using firejail ( https://l3net.wordpress.com/projects/firejail/ ) plus an app that runs haxe with a small timeout defined would be the easiest and probably "safe enough" way to go

No way; a running Docker container can be fully controlled; you can control the volume of the host you share (if any), the Memory limit and CPU limit.
Not saying it does not requiers some work to configure but Docker is really easy to learn :)

Stephane Le Dorze

May 14, 2015, 5:09:14 PM5/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
IMHO I think it had more to your tool belt to learn Docker (i.e. it has more potential)

So to continue on that topic lazily.. steal with pride:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Haxe" group.

Mark Knol

May 14, 2015, 5:57:40 PM5/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
This would be great. Btw there is some great stuff in thx.core, have you considered to add some parts of the Haxe Std?

francesco agati

May 15, 2015, 3:51:54 AM5/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
If the haxe compiler can be compiled in llvm teorically is possible make it run on the browser with emscripten. But i dont know if ocaml support llvm