How to uninstall Haxe 3

projectguru

Jan 18, 2017, 12:29:47 PM1/18/17
to Haxe
I know nothing about coding. I thought Haxe 3 was an application so I went ahead and installed it.

I now would like to uninstall it. I researched this to no avail. Can someone shed some light on how to uninstall?

I'm on MacOS Sierra.

Thanks!

Haxiomic

Jan 18, 2017, 5:23:49 PM1/18/17
to Haxe
Hey Projectguru,

The haxe installer pops some files in the directory /usr/local/lib, and some links to those files in /usr/local/bin

To delete all the files manually:

- Open finder, click Go (from the window menu at the top) then select Go to Folder
- Copy in to the text box: /usr/local/lib and hit Go
- Delete the two folders, haxe and neko (and haxelib if it's there)
- Click Go > Go to Folder, copy in /usr/local/bin and hit Go
- Delete files haxe, neko and haxelib
- Done :)

------

If you want to use a script instead, open terminal and paste in

sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/haxe
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/haxelib
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/neko
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/haxe