Porting a JavaScript minifier to Haxe - which one would you recommend?

der Raab

Feb 20, 2015, 5:07:37 AM2/20/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if it would make sense to port one of the JavaScript minifiers to Haxe?

We're working on a cross platform authoring tool which supports HTML5 projects and I think it would be a good idea to include in the project publish process JavaScript minification (mainly for included iFrame contents) to ensure minification on every platform (since the authoring tool should also run on mobile devices I'm not sure which way to go).

Is that a stupid idea? :D

Simon Krajewski

Feb 20, 2015, 5:37:40 AM2/20/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Can I just say "yes" and hope that you believe me? :)

Simon

Séb Patu

Feb 20, 2015, 10:56:44 AM2/20/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
is it just a joke, or you really think minifiers are stupid things? :p

@der Raab if its only for js target minification / obfuscation, you should have a look at HaxeMin http://yal.cc/introducing-haxmin/
if its for any Platform minification / obfuscation, in another thread i was advocating that it would be more efficient to have it at compiler level, instead of replicating the work at each target levels. even if you still can have complementary Tools for second pass as specific target Tools.
compiler could give errors about Reflect usage which is incompatible with minification  (when field name parameter is not a static string or to ambiguous)

Damion Murray

Feb 22, 2015, 10:46:35 AM2/22/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
lime supports minification for its html5 target.

Cristian Baluta

Feb 22, 2015, 11:04:04 AM2/22/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I've done once a minifier and scrambler, it worked pretty good for my project but i'm sure it needs more work, especially if you split the project in many files. I can put it to git if interested.