IntelliJ IDEA on Mac OS X El Capitan - Error: /bin/sh: haxelib: command not found

der Raab

Oct 9, 2015, 5:53:48 AM10/9/15
to Haxe
Hi there! First said: I'm absolute bad at tooling and configuration. That's why we're still using IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.6 with the old Haxe Plug-in 0.8.1 (since even the latest version 0.9.5 doesn't provide complete compiler error output - see ticket).

But since a new major update for Mac OS X was available I decided to update and test with the latest Haxe, IntelliJ IDEA and Haxe plugin to make sure the whole team can update safely.

- So I had to install the latest development build for Haxe 3.3.0 and config it's haxelib in order to make it work.
- I reinstalled all used haxelibs
- I installed latest IntelliJ IDEA with Haxe plug-in

I tried my best but now I'm a little clueless:

I use HXML launch configurations but whenever there is a haxelib included (-lib openfl) I get the following error:
Error: /bin/sh: haxelib: command not found

Compilation works fine calling it from the command line but I'd like to fix the IntelliJ IDEA integration to enable straightforward debugging integration.

So I think I somehow need to "tell" IntelliJ where to find haxelib? But I wonder how? :|

I'd really appreciate some tips.

Ge Pe

Oct 9, 2015, 12:56:43 PM10/9/15
to Haxe
Open module settings
Add your Haxe SDK and executables in the SDKs tab
Add your Haxe libs in the Global Libraries tab
Click the Modules tab, and select Dependencies
Select the SDK from the Module SDK dropdown
Add the Haxe libs with the green plus on the right
Check the "Export" checkbox next to the newly added Haxe libs

Theodore Norvell

Oct 9, 2015, 1:32:00 PM10/9/15
to Haxe

So I think I somehow need to "tell" IntelliJ where to find haxelib? But I wonder how? :|

I'd really appreciate some tips.

In IntelliJ select File > Project Structure ... > SDKs > Haxe ?.?.?

and then set the Haxe directory and the Haxelib executable.

der Raab

Oct 20, 2015, 6:02:53 AM10/20/15
to Haxe
A couple of days later I think this is an El Capitan issue which might be solved by the IntelliJ Haxe plug-in developers in the future...

Atul Kumar

Nov 16, 2015, 6:45:05 PM11/16/15
to Haxe
I have exactly the same Problem.

I am on Yosemite and Intellij 14.1.5 with latest Stable Haxe (3.2.1) though.

I already reinstalled haxe and the plugin without luck. I can also compile on cli just fine and want to use the debugger. I want to debug the flash target though. Do not even know if that works at all in intellij. I can launch the build without compiling from Intellij (by checking "skip compilation" in the build settings of the module). Then I get traces in the console but it will not break on breakpoints. @Raap Maybe this is an option for u though, if u want to debug cpp?

Anyways.. did somebody solve this? Otherwise probably we should head over to github and create an issue!
Message has been deleted