LiquidFun port for haxe

John Sword

May 27, 2017, 12:25:10 PM5/27/17
to Haxe
Hello people,

i've been porting the LiquidFun physics lib to haxe and I finally have a working version.
The Box2D part seems to be working fine and it's quite fast when running in the cpp target.
Most of the demos are working flawlessly but the liquid particles are giving me some problems and I would appreciate some help fixing, patching  and optimizing the code.
Take a look here: https://github.com/JohnSword/liquidfunx

Best regards,
John

Franco Ponticelli

May 27, 2017, 8:22:36 PM5/27/17
to Haxe
That's a really interesting project. My first suggestion is to remove all the Dynamics. Use enums, interfaces or generics to fill those gaps.

John Sword

Jun 17, 2017, 12:37:19 PM6/17/17
to Haxe
Well, the good news is that this port actually uses Box2D 2.3, so that probably makes this the most recent port of Box2D that exists for haxe. The bad news it that the Liquidfun particle physics is only at the 0.9 version which is very buggy and has bad performance.
The author of jbox2d said he would eventually do a port of LF to the most recent 1.1 version but that was some years ago and there are no news regarding that. So, I guess we're stuck with this 0.9 version unless someone is willing to make a direct port from c++, and in that case i wish them good luck.