Native UI with Neko?

fulopm

Nov 8, 2016, 2:24:41 PM11/8/16
to Haxe
Hello!

I just noticed that there is an Ui.hx class in the Neko API. Does it mean that it's possible to create native UI with Neko and pure Haxe API? Anyone has any information on this?

Thanks!
Mark

JLM

Nov 10, 2016, 1:20:50 PM11/10/16
to Haxe
It would make a lot of sense if Neko mirrored http://hashlink.haxe.org/ in the future and certainly it's ment to be a successor and there are plans to keep providing Neko support, the exposed API seems to provide access to main loop timer something that NME had to do for itself, there is a haxe issue thread discussing the addition of main loop timer stuff ready for hashlink.  I suspect for any graphic UI you will most likely still need a sdl and ui haxelib alongside neko, such as Lime or similar currently provides, I would presume that Hashlink will get support first. Haxe normally favours the haxelib battery approach so it's not likely that full ui will be in neko by default.

chunbiao huang

Nov 11, 2016, 1:55:49 AM11/11/16
to haxelang
wow hashlink great~~ is   openfl support hashlink?  any plans?

It would make a lot of sense if Neko mirrored http://hashlink.haxe.org/ in the future and certainly it's ment to be a successor and there are plans to keep providing Neko support, the exposed API seems to provide access to main loop timer something that NME had to do for itself, there is a haxe issue thread discussing the addition of main loop timer stuff ready for hashlink.  I suspect for any graphic UI you will most likely still need a sdl and ui haxelib alongside neko, such as Lime or similar currently provides, I would presume that Hashlink will get support first. Haxe normally favours the haxelib battery approach so it's not likely that full ui will be in neko by default.

JLM

Nov 11, 2016, 5:22:59 AM11/11/16
to Haxe
For cross target libraries that have either cppia or webgl and hxcpp there is no advantage for compile speed or native run, since you can just use js/cppia for development and for native deploy, hxcpp will run faster than HL, but this might interest you.
https://github.com/KTXSoftware/Kha/tree/master/Backends/KoreHL
You might need a good reason for Robert to take it beyond experimental and enable in Kode though.