Haxe and Haxelib on El Capitan?

der Raab

Oct 4, 2015, 9:42:54 AM10/4/15
to Haxe
Damn. I did update to Mac OS X El Capitan without making sure Haxe is compatible. Haxe is totally removed by the update process and the official installer doesn't fix that - since it doesn't install Haxe properly. Is this issue already fixed in a different installer? Haxelib also seems to be incompatible. I'm sure somebody already ran into this issue. Damn.

John Hattan

Oct 4, 2015, 10:13:56 AM10/4/15
to Haxe
Yeah, El Capitan now runs "rootless" and you don't write access to /usr/lib. The current solution is to either turn root back on (google for it) or use the Haxe daily installer that installs Haxe in /usr/local/lib

Fernando Serboncini

Oct 4, 2015, 10:33:24 AM10/4/15
to Haxe
it's not really rootless, is just that a lot of the standard root paths are read only and cleaned up with only system files.
I've been running on El Capitan for a bit, as some other devs have too.

der Raab

Oct 5, 2015, 2:54:40 AM10/5/15
to Haxe
So nobody who's new to Haxe can simply download the official release installer on Mac OS X El Capitan and there is no "help" to clarify this on the website?

Which installer from the nightly builds contains a stable Haxe version an can be used? Or even better: Is there a 3.2.0 installer somewhere which is fixed and contains the same 3.2.0 version? (and if so - why isn't it online? :D )

der Raab

Oct 5, 2015, 3:06:47 AM10/5/15
to Haxe
I used the lastest installer but haxelib setup doesn't use the correct path by default:

$ haxelib install air3
haxelib
Repository /usr/lib/haxe/lib does not exist. Please run `haxelib setup` again

$ haxelib setup
Please enter haxelib repository path with write access
Hit enter for default (/usr/lib/haxe/lib)

But it can be configurated manually:

haxelib repository is now /usr/local/lib/haxe/lib/

Saumya Ray

Oct 6, 2015, 2:12:28 AM10/6/15
to Haxe
Well, happened to me too, two days back.
Somehow the lastest build that I installed fixed it.

hope that helps.
saumya

Andrew McHarg

Oct 7, 2015, 9:06:11 PM10/7/15
to Haxe
I stumbled across this thread and the link package worked. It is a shame the package on the main haxe page doesn't work. The current version with brew also seemed to not work very well.

Andy Li

Oct 7, 2015, 9:11:48 PM10/7/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
For the record, Caue will make a 3.2.1 release this weekend. It should fix this situation.

Cristian Baluta

Nov 27, 2015, 2:48:52 PM11/27/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
The installer doesn't fix the haxelib, i had to use der Raab instructions to specify the path, it should really be the correct one by default.

Cauê Waneck

Nov 27, 2015, 4:04:37 PM11/27/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

What do you mean with doesn't fix haxelib?

Cristian Baluta

Nov 27, 2015, 5:24:54 PM11/27/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
The executable is fine, but when you run 'haxelib setup' by default it puts you to use the old location. You have to know and type the new location

Cauê Waneck

Nov 27, 2015, 5:44:20 PM11/27/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Please add a bug report to the haxelib repo to fix that