Help with Haxe and Sockets

Anguel Esperanza

Apr 30, 2016, 4:45:07 PM4/30/16
to Haxe
Hello everyone,

I'm the person who's posted the gui notepad and the gui calculator posts here on the haxe google group in an event to learn more about Stablexui ( https://github.com/RealyUniqueName/StablexUI ) and ultimately make a tutorial series about it. The next project I really want to add to that is an IRC Chat Client.

But i'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm trying to figure out how to use Sockets and such in order to make an IRC Chat Client however I'm still new-ish with Haxe. I haven't explored every part of Haxe and I know very little of it, and Sockets, are one of the many parts of haxe don't know. To my knowledge, you need to use Socket's in order to connect to an IRC Channel, but I don't know how to go about doing any of that, or if that is even right knowledge. I have the G.U.I for the program, but I have no code for it. It's been incomplete for a week now and I don't know what to do.

Is there some place I can go to learn about Sockets and the other components to learn how to make an IRC Chat Client, preferably, that's easy to understand. I've tried watching video's in different programming languages but that only added to my confusion. I really want a basic understand of how sockets work, rather than how they work in other languages, and the proper steps I should to about handling them. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the Github link to all of the Stablexui projects I've completed: (https://github.com/fictionalreality/StablexuiAndHaxeGuiLearningProjects.git)

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Anguel Esperanza

Skyler Parr

May 17, 2016, 5:36:37 PM5/17/16
to Haxe
Hello Anguel. Have you found the help you've needed yet? I have recently been casting live working work Haxe Sockets, you can start here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q_jbeVNKuI

That deals specifically with CPP sockets. You can also take look at a partially implemented Socket communication class (does work) on my github https://github.com/skylerparr/neutrino/blob/develop/haxe/js/src/net/NodeSocket.hx

Hope that helps you out some.