dbadmin library now compatible with PHP target

François Barbut

Jun 8, 2015, 1:02:35 PM6/8/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hello haxers,

The dbadmin library can synchronize the models defined in SPOD (sys.db.Object) to the database ( This process is often called "migration").
I really love this library because it's super usefull for any web developpement with haxe and MySQL...

Until now it was only compatible with the neko target, and after a few fixes, it works now for PHP target.
I also changed the CSS to make it more "haxey" ( black and orange !)

Please tell me if you find a bug since it's difficult to test all the cases.

David Elahee

Jun 8, 2015, 1:30:26 PM6/8/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Nice addition :)

Cauê Waneck

Jun 8, 2015, 1:55:15 PM6/8/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Can you consider making a pull request?
One thing would be nice is to separate the commits between the CSS part and the php target fixes

Nice addition :)

François Barbut

Jun 9, 2015, 3:18:38 AM6/9/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I'll prepare a clean pull request tomorow and I'll do more in-depth tests.

BTW Caue do you have acces to the original repo https://github.com/ncannasse/dbadmin
If no, it could be nice to ask it ( and haxelib too ) to Nicolas since you're now the "Spod guy" and Nicolas nowadays doesnt care much about web stuff ;)

Nicolas Cannasse

Jun 9, 2015, 3:42:47 AM6/9/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Le 09/06/2015 09:18, François Barbut a écrit :
> Yep, I'll prepare a clean pull request tomorow and I'll do more in-depth
> tests.
>
> BTW Caue do you have acces to the original repo
> https://github.com/ncannasse/dbadmin ?
> If no, it could be nice to ask it ( and haxelib too ) to Nicolas since
> you're now the "Spod guy" and Nicolas nowadays doesnt care much about
> web stuff ;)

Just for the record, while I don't DO web stuff daily anymore, I still
care about it, it's just that if I start changing things there, I'm not
sure I'ld be able to detect regressions/bugs ;)

Best,
Nicolas

François Barbut

Jun 10, 2015, 5:09:58 AM6/10/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nicolas for your answer

The Pull Request has been submited :

Please consider it, as the changes are very small and the benefit is big.

This will help me to convert tons of PHP developers to haxe ;)

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa

Jun 10, 2015, 11:28:08 AM6/10/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Nice work, François!