WWX2014 videos

Alex Hoyau

Jun 25, 2014, 6:38:04 AM6/25/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I am pleased to announce that the first videos of the #WWX2014 are being released right now!

Just like with last year WWX videos, we have had unexpected surprises, and we - the "thaxe force" team of Silex Labs, had to buy a new computer with our own personal money, so that we could go on and release the videos. The first talk has suffered from the lack of a good computer though - Nicolas talk is split into several smaller parts.

Please be nice and positive about these WWX videos since we did the whole conference with almost no budget - Chloe will release the expenses numbers soon.

It needs to be said because we have had several virulent criticisms during and after the WWXs (bad negative human nature lol ;)

But we have had a great time right? Please follow Silex Labs social streams to get the videos - we count on you to spread the videos and of course to retweet ;)

Remember that Silex Labs is your community effort to make great free software available to people. We are volunteers, we do little programming, but we give a meaning to development efforts like the one on Haxe or the ones on Silex website builder, amfphp and OCaml. We organize workshops, we help people who wish to learn for their jobs, hobbies or personal development. We spread those tools through companies of all sizes, as we are trusted prescribers.

See you online, best,
Alex

tom rhodes

Jun 25, 2014, 8:12:19 AM6/25/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Thanks for all the great work, it's great that I get the opportunity to see these talks at the conference and I appreciate all the effort.

Will they be released through the youtube channel? Just had a look and the 2013 vids are there but nothing from this year yet.

Cheers,

Tom.

clemos

Jun 25, 2014, 9:13:46 AM6/25/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For now the WWX2014 videos are available here :
(the link posted by Alex points to a Silexlabs/Haxe PL that doesn't seem to feature latest videos yet)

Best,
Clément

j...@justinfront.net

Jun 25, 2014, 1:06:52 PM6/25/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Alex

That's great news, volume on the live streams was a real issue to anyone
watching and some of the slides were impossible to read from the stream,
any complaints I expect were because people were so keen to hear the
speeches so I would not take it too personal.

I am fully aware of the processing times for video and really appreciate
the work of all involved I am sure the community is hugely grateful, I
hope I can be there next year to help where I can.

Silex do a great job of hosting the haxe conference, and from what I saw
it was an another big success.

WELL DONE SILEX and HAXE FOUNDATION and speakers look forward to
watching the talks I missed on the stream.

If you need to splice videos together you can do that quite easily with
FFMPEG, I can send you the terminal commands, I have been using it with
some salsa videos so I might know some settings that are useful like
lighten.

Best

Justin

On 25/06/2014 11:37, Alex Hoyau wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am pleased to announce that the first videos of the #WWX2014 are being
> released right now!
>
> Just like with last year WWX videos, we have had unexpected surprises,
> and we - the "thaxe force" team of Silex Labs, had to buy a new computer
> with our own personal money, so that we could go on and release the
> videos. The first talk has suffered from the lack of a good computer
> though - Nicolas talk is split into several smaller parts.
>
> Please be nice and positive about these WWX videos since we did the
> whole conference with almost no budget - Chloe will release the expenses
> numbers soon.
>
> It needs to be said because we have had several virulent criticisms
> during and after the WWXs (bad negative human nature lol ;)
>
> But we have had a great time right? Please follow Silex Labs social
> streams to get the videos - we count on you to spread the videos and of
> course to retweet ;)
>
> * blog <http://www.silexlabs.org/>
> * monthly news letter for people in France <http://eepurl.com/F48q5>
> and outside of France <http://eepurl.com/MCCDP>
> * YouTube channel
> <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1YPyEPU8dDMeC6DiI6K5Q28J7U4R9cXO>
> * Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/silexlabs>
> * Twitter <http://twitter.com/silexlabs>
> * G+ <https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107373636457908189681>
> * IRC (same as haxe but "#silexlabs" room)
>

> Remember that Silex Labs is your community effort to make great free
> software available to people. We are volunteers, we do little
> programming, but we give a meaning to development efforts like the one
> on Haxe or the ones on Silex website builder, amfphp and OCaml. We
> organize workshops, we help people who wish to learn for their jobs,
> hobbies or personal development. We spread those tools through companies
> of all sizes, as we are trusted prescribers.
>
> See you online, best,
> Alex
>

> --
>

> If you want to keep in touch with Silex Labs subscribe here
> <http://eepurl.com/MCCDP>

Raphael Harmel

Jun 30, 2014, 10:19:41 AM6/30/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Raphael Harmel

Jul 9, 2014, 12:07:26 PM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Raphael Harmel

Jul 11, 2014, 1:23:20 PM7/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Philippe Elsass

Jul 12, 2014, 1:00:06 PM7/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Franco's presentation is really inspiring! I want to make stuff now :)

Franco Ponticelli

Jul 12, 2014, 1:54:37 PM7/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Philippe, appreciated!