dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libneko.2.dylib ?

der Raab

Sep 29, 2016, 6:34:59 PM9/29/16
to Haxe
I created an standalone version of my command line tool using nekotools boot - which ran quite well. But since I changed my haxe version I gain this "standalone" version won't work again. I get this error:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libneko.2.dylib

referenced from path to my commandline tool.

I tried to find the libneko2.dylib but wasn't able to collect it.

The question in the first place ist - again - neko wond be able run fully standalone anyways?

:)

der Raab

Sep 30, 2016, 6:32:29 AM9/30/16
to Haxe
Ok - so figured out I need to find the libneko.2.1.0.dylib, rename it to libneko.2.dylib and put it right beside my created executable.

But now I get this error:

Segmentation fault: 11

My tool works fine if I have installed the latest haxe version - but not if I copy this file (from the latest haxe version) and reinstall haxe 3.2.1. Any ideas? Do I have any other options to create a standalone tool I can ship to users?

Juraj Kirchheim

Sep 30, 2016, 7:08:34 AM9/30/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Any of these might work:

1. hxcpp
2. get xcross to work (https://github.com/ncannasse/xcross/)
3. hxjava + GCJ or something
4. hxnodejs + one of the available standalone bundlers (all of which have their own issues, so good luck).

If this is still about the static file server, then I think it might be simpler to just find something else though.

Best,
Juraj

der Raab

Sep 30, 2016, 11:53:31 AM9/30/16
to Haxe
Thanks for replying. :)

Well, it's not only about the local server - this is just one integrated functionality (which I need in the first place). I'd like to exclude as much functionality as possible to a command line tool which then can be included in different applications.

Your suggested options all look complicated (to me) and currently I feel quite frustrated because none of my approaches does work as I expected it (which again is just my lack of knowledge on this level).

I continued to figure out about the Segment error I got and avoided it by putting also all the aliases to the neko lib as well. It seems to run fine now  from the terminal - but I need to start this as NativeProcess in Adobe AIR - and then again it won't find the library but print dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libneko.2.dylib in the stdoutput.

So I tried to find xcross (which is outdated and not in haxelib anyway) and found http://lib.haxe.org/p/neko_static/ , which seems to be quite new, but that gave me diffferent errors: https://github.com/exaphaser/neko_static/issues/1

So I had a look at https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/hxcpp/blob/master/src/ExampleMain.cpp which seems to be the only documentation about how to create a standalone cpp application but I don' fully understand that. :D

And of course I tried to find out how to create a static linked version of neko (which I hoped neko_static would do) - but I think I don't get it.

Well - I'll try to continue - but for now I feel a little helpless. :/ Boy what a day.

Andreas Mokros

Oct 1, 2016, 9:50:52 AM10/1/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:53:30 -0700 (PDT)
der Raab <goo...@derraab.com> wrote:
> and then again it won't find the library but print dyld: Library not
> loaded: @rpath/libneko.2.dylib in the stdoutput.

This looks like some version mismatch to me.
Did you try to cleanly install latest neko and latest haxe?

Just for my understanding:
You have an AIR app and you want to run a neko command line tool from it.
And you develop this on a Mac and the resulting app should run cross-platform
(at least Mac and Win), right?

--
Mockey

der Raab

Oct 5, 2016, 5:40:47 PM10/5/16
to Haxe
Yes Andreas, that's basically it. :) I think I have two choices right now (an failed at both of them)

1. Somehow set environment varialbles from AIR while calling my neko executable with the AIR NativeProcess API. This seems to be impossible.

2. Build a neko version without any dependencies and somehow bundle this with my neko binaries - I need some serious help because I don't know anything about that low level stuff (I still didn't manage to install this garbage collector mentioned in http://nekovm.org/doc/begin#compiling_from_sources ).

But as I'm writing this it becomes clear to me that I should simply ask for paid help. The guy creating http://lib.haxe.org/p/neko_static/ might be a good helper.