updated to openfl 3.3.6, html5 target get "Module haxe.Constraints does not define type Constraints

Andy Woods

Oct 2, 2015, 4:41:02 AM10/2/15
to Haxe
Hi,
dont suppose anyone has any tips. thanks,

at fault is this line in Dictionary.hx: import haxe.Constraints.IMap;
There is no IMap in Constraints.

thanks,
Andy.

Rezmason

Oct 2, 2015, 11:00:41 AM10/2/15
to Haxe
IMap is just a red herring.
The issue, it seems, is that some part of the build process is fetching the types in "haxe.Constraints", and is including "Constraints" in its result.
This problem has precedence– for instance, here's an issue from a year ago where your problem manifested in Haxe's auto-completion functionality:

I wouldn't be surprised if you'll require the help of OpenFL's maintainers. They're usually quick to address these issues! :)

Andy Woods

Oct 3, 2015, 5:36:35 AM10/3/15
to Haxe

Anyone any ideas? OpenFl'ers?

When I copy/paste IMap back into Constraints (from here), all sorts of fun starts happening (image below).

thanks,

Andy.

Rezmason

Oct 3, 2015, 5:37:01 PM10/3/15
to Haxe
Your image attachment isn't loading for me. :-/

The thing is, what do you mean by pasting IMap "back" into Constraints? It's already there, and it's been there for over a year. Is your Haxe version out of date maybe?

Your best bet for a speedy resolution is to ask for help on http://openfl.slack.com .

Driklyn

Nov 28, 2015, 7:51:48 PM11/28/15
to Haxe
You need to upgrade Haxe: http://haxe.org/download

I was running 3.1.3 and had this very error with OpenFL 3.4.0.

Upgrading to the latest 3.2.1 Haxe version solved the problem for me...