HXCPP distributable app

Tomek K

Aug 24, 2016, 8:41:15 AM8/24/16
to Haxe
Hello,

I'm building my app with:
-cp ./
-lib hxSerial
-lib format
-main Main
-cpp ./build/serial

But I'm not able to give this app to anyone, because it will not run:

Downloads/6C595507-3876-4F73-ACAC-2D022C25E044/printer/serial ; exit;
Called from hxSerial.Serial::boot hxSerial/Serial.hx line 91
Called from cpp.Lib::load /usr/local/lib/haxe/std/cpp/Lib.hx line 38
Error : Could not load module hxSerial@enumerateDevices__0

My question is if there is any way to compile my app to be able to run on other computers?
Can HXCPP include all needed libraries to my app?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Alexander Blum

Aug 24, 2016, 5:24:22 PM8/24/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if hxcpp can statically link in hxSerial, but with your current configuration you need a matching hxSerial.ndll on your target system (same folder as your executable will work). You should find a bunch of hxSerial.ndlls in your haxelib folder.

Cristian Baluta

Aug 25, 2016, 12:13:33 AM8/25/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I use this to embed stuffs in my app but not sure it works in your case, maybe you need to do more. I asked something similar, maybe you can find the discussion and understand how it works.

#if cpp
import cpp.link.StaticStd;
import cpp.link.StaticRegexp;
#end