Various C# target issues I experienced

vroad

May 18, 2016, 5:42:52 AM5/18/16
to Haxe
I have been trying out C# target recently. It works at some degree, though it still has issues.
I hope these issues to be fixed in future Haxe release.
  • fails to read data from Null<Int>
  • fails to inline certain kind of functions (outputs wrong code or code that doesn't compile on Visual C#)
  • fails to output large UInt constant, because it becomes negative integer in generated code
  • template Argument of haxe.ds.Vector<T> always become object
  • Comparsion of two classes is slow
  • outputs wrong code for Std.instance (should not include subclasses)
  • throws exception if you call a function with wrong number of arguments
  • fails to check if a functions is same as another object
  • Reading/writing floating-point values with haxe.io.Bytes is slow
  • outputs some warnings for valid code, both in Haxe and C#
  • Cannot build for specific architecture
  • Cannot turn on /unsafe switch

Juraj Kirchheim

May 18, 2016, 6:09:55 AM5/18/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
FWIW I think your hopes are more likely to come true if you file proper issue reports in the tracker, ideally with example code / failing test cases.

Best,
Juraj