OpenFl „native“ display list performance good enough for apps like Facebook?

der Raab

Nov 23, 2015, 5:13:59 PM11/23/15
to Haxe

Hi again - hopefully Google doesn’t delete erase this post (again)! As this is the fourth attempt to ask this question I try to keep it very short:

Is there any documentation about the render-performance of OpenFl native display list implementation? I know exactly what’s happening in the Flash target and therefore also know Stage3D and Starling are way faster - but use a different API.

So my question is - will provide the „standard“ display list in OpenFl a way better performance when targeting for native android instead of Flash / AIR on android?

We are already programming against OpenFl display list using AIR on desktop but now I wonder if we should switch to an Game Engine like Haxeflixel?