Crash after/during neko file generation

igorsc...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2017, 10:10:44 AM7/27/17
to Haxe
Hello,

I'm trying to build a project for neko (compiler version 3.4.2), and it stops with the error:

Typing haxe.Utf8.decode
Typing haxe.Utf8.charCodeAt
Typing haxe.Utf8.validate
Typing haxe.Utf8.length
Typing haxe.Utf8.compare
Typing haxe.Utf8.sub
Parsed D:\build\HaxeToolkit\haxe\std/sys/io/FileInput.hx
Parsed D:\build\HaxeToolkit\haxe\std/sys/io/FileSeek.hx
Parsed D:\build\HaxeToolkit\haxe\std/sys/io/FileOutput.hx
Parsed D:\build\HaxeToolkit\haxe\std/sys/io/File.hx
Generating neko: export/windows/neko/debug/obj/ApplicationMain.n
Out of memory
Build halted with errors.

Any advices how to fix/debug?

Mark Knol

Jul 27, 2017, 2:15:49 PM7/27/17
to Haxe
What does the application exactly do? Looks like you load a big file which doesnt fit in memory?

igorsc...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2017, 3:29:50 PM7/27/17
to Haxe
It's a game project on HaxeFlixel/OpenFl. It has a lot of modules and assets, but the assets are not set to be embedded. Also I tried to move assets to another directory, but it still crashes at build time. The build for Windows/hxcpp and for Flash works.

Nicolas Cannasse

Aug 6, 2017, 9:36:09 AM8/6/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You can try setting your env var OCAMLRUNPARAM=b then recompile to have the compiler stack trace.
Best,
Nicolas

igorsc...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2017, 2:28:01 PM9/13/17
to Haxe
Didn't have time to rebuild Haxe with debug enabled yet, but I can say the issue doesn't happen on Haxe 4.0-preview (but still happens on Haxe 3.4.3).