Introducing the haxe Israel community forum

Itzik Arzoni

Jun 14, 2015, 12:47:39 PM6/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
The last month or so, my friend and I are building a forum based on discourse, intended for the Hebrew speaking audience.
Altho very little participance right now, we are trying to publish more and more content, so newbies will be able to start learning.
We will emphasis the community aspect, rather then the q&a aspect of a forum like this, maybe making it more friendly for new programmers.

I think that haxe is the perfect language to use if you want to create games independently. For me OpenFl is the best thing I could hope for, as a flash programmer. So we hope to attract mainly young enthusiastic programmers, rather then experienced Js or any other language. This is because I really do not know how to overcome the skeptic, conservative mind of people in my field.

Any way, I would love to hear suggestions, questions, criticism or encouragement from you. I really belive in this language (toolkit / sdk) and community and can definitely see my future with it. Also, if you can tweet, share, like or mention it in any way, it would help a lot. Maybe there is a hebrew speaking haxe programmer out there...

Some words about us:
My friend, Michael Solomon, is a 23 years old multi talanted enthusiastic flash & js & c# & php programmer, and I am Itzik Arzoni , a 34 years old with more then 10 years experience with flash.
Both of us discovered haxe a long time ago, but now we really see it's power.

This is the site:
Http://Haxe.org.il

Thank you 😁

michael solomon

Jun 14, 2015, 12:54:32 PM6/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Good luck for us.
I hope we success to spread haxe word in israel.

Justin Donaldson

Jun 14, 2015, 4:45:03 PM6/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely, mazel tov!

On Sunday, June 14, 2015, michael solomon <miche...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good luck for us.
I hope we success to spread haxe word in israel.

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Jun 14, 2015, 9:43:22 PM6/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. Good luck guys!

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

phone: +1 650 842 0920

Developer at Fanplayr Inc. (Palo Alto)
Original at Touch My Pixel (touchmypixel.com)
_______________________

Benjamin Dubois

Jun 15, 2015, 12:29:26 AM6/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to Hijack the post,

I just realized that the "new" Haxe website is not translated anymore.
I guess it is intended to prevent the mess of the old website and I tend to agree that English should programmer's language of choice.
But that is just my opinion.

People are not always very comfy with english, and Haxe jargon isn't always easy to grasp.
Wouldn't it be good to open the manual (at least) to translation?

Maybe we could setup something so that when an English page is edited, the translated pages are tagged as out of sync until there are commited again .

David Elahee

Jun 15, 2015, 3:19:31 AM6/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations for this emerging community !