Will Haxe target the Golang platform ?

ecstati...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2017, 1:59:17 PM8/4/17
to Haxe
From what I've seen, emitting Go code from Haxe source code should be a lot more straightforward than emitting PHP code for intance.

Go runs much faster, and already provides most of what is needed, including an effective garbage collector and an extensive standard library for web development.

Greybeard

Aug 4, 2017, 11:32:23 PM8/4/17
to Haxe
New language back-ends are generally created and maintained by interested developers like you.  Whether Haxe will support Golang or not will likely be decided upon whether somebody is intrigued enough to take up the torch and invest the time.

ecstati...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2017, 6:01:36 AM8/5/17
to Haxe
Actually I've already my own language which does that (Helix).

I was asking this question just because I was very astonished that Go wasn't on the long list of Haxe targets, despite it was probably one of the easiest to implement. For web applications I thought Go would be a better target than PHP or C++, considering its extensive standard library in that domain.

Skyler Parr

Aug 7, 2017, 4:04:52 PM8/7/17
to Haxe
Can you link your helix language? I'm interested.

ecstati...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2017, 12:54:45 AM8/13/17
to Haxe
Still a WIP, so I won't put it on a public repo at the moment...

I've only finished the templating, macro and genericity systems, unfortunately the remaining features are still not stable enough for a first public release.