Creature: New 2D Skeletal + Mesh Animation Tool with HaxeFlixel Support

Kestrel Moon

Apr 28, 2016, 2:07:56 PM4/28/16
to Haxe

Hello devs,

I am pleased to announce Haxe and HaxeFlixel support for the Creature 2D Skeletal + Mesh Animation Tool!

The runtimes are here:
https://github.com/kestrelm/Creature_Haxe

An example of an animation authored in Creature and running live in HaxeFlixel is here:
http://www.kestrelmoon.com/creature/WebDemo/demo_flash.html

More information about Creature can be found here:
http://creature.kestrelmoon.com/

To see what Creature is capable of here, check out the trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPRmr-d-0Lg

Cheers

JLM

Apr 29, 2016, 5:06:09 AM4/29/16
to Haxe
Looks great.

How would this differ from using Animate with Flump, advantages / disadvantages ?

Are you looking to support other Haxe approaches disconnected from Fixel -   Luxe, Kha, NME, Flambe.

I noticed that licences for PC and Mac are separate, it's nice to be able to buy a licence that can be used on mac and pc at no extra cost. I am not planning on buying right now but certainly something that I always consider with software and something that make it more attractive.

Do you have plans for 3D addtional aspects/tools?  Thanks for supporting Haxe community with your work.

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

May 3, 2016, 8:39:27 PM5/3/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that's a REALLY amazing animation tool. Just sent it to one of my old Flash animation buddies and he was blown away and putting his money down right now. Great work on making such a useful tool (and now it seems supporting it on so many platforms).

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

phone: +1 650 842 0920

Developer at Fanplayr Inc. (Palo Alto)
Original at Touch My Pixel (touchmypixel.com)

Kestrel Moon

Jun 16, 2016, 3:18:20 AM6/16/16
to Haxe
Hello,

Thanks for your very useful suggestions and comments!

I have recently added more Haxe support, including a new Haxe Starling framework based off OpenFL Starling.
Creature is a completely mesh based animation solution, but it also supports built in sprite swapping ( if that is what you are referring to) that can be warped with bone weight skinning.
Thus it offers the advantages of both traditional and mesh-bone skinning animation solutions.

Cheers
Message has been deleted

Arnim Schachtschabel

Jun 16, 2016, 5:32:24 AM6/16/16
to Haxe

Great stuff.

I am looking forward to further developments.

Kind regards
Arnim

JLM

Jun 16, 2016, 5:50:13 AM6/16/16
to Haxe
Can't remember do you have a webgl or canvas haxe demo online?

Kestrel Moon

Jun 27, 2016, 2:08:59 PM6/27/16
to Haxe
Hello,

The HaxeFlixe is all on the github page.
There is a link here as well:
http://www.kestrelmoon.com/creature/WebDemo/demo_flash.html

The sample projects are all here:
https://github.com/kestrelm/Creature_Haxe

You can also check out a Haxe + Starling 2.0 demo here:
https://github.com/kestrelm/Creature_Haxe/tree/master/StarlingSample

Cheers