How to get started on game development using Haxe?

Tahmid Khan

Nov 15, 2015, 10:47:50 AM11/15/15
to Haxe
Hello, I am pretty new to Haxe although I do have experience in other languages such as Python, Java and C++.I want to get into game development and Haxe seems like a good place to start, so how exactly do I start? There are many libraries out there, is there any specific one I should focus on? I primarily have interests on web and mobile as platforms and also have a strong preference towards 2D games. Can you guys give me links to tutorials for begineers. Thanks!

Cambiata

Nov 15, 2015, 2:43:49 PM11/15/15
to Haxe
http://haxeflixel.com/ should be a good start!

Cambiata

Nov 15, 2015, 3:28:05 PM11/15/15
to Haxe
http://haxecoder.com is another one.

Mark Knol

Nov 16, 2015, 4:19:51 AM11/16/15
to Haxe

Tahmid Khan

Nov 16, 2015, 9:12:20 AM11/16/15
to Haxe
Hey yes I decided to go with haxeflixel. Whats the best way to start learning this framework? Should I follow their getting started guides or do I need to have some prerequisite knowledge before hand? Thanks.