Aync Http in CPP targets

hosey hosey

Jul 7, 2017, 12:41:25 PM7/7/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Currently my application is freezing up when sending a http request until a response is received from the server.  I am thinking I need to wrap each haxe.http request in a Thread in order to achieve Async capabilities and have the GUI be responsive.

What are you using?

Ashiq A.

Jul 8, 2017, 6:19:16 AM7/8/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'm using thx.http. I don't typically wait for a response, I just fire and forget. It seems to work fine.

haxe.Http doesn't seem to freeze my apps, but I've only really made proof-of-concept apps. When I tested in Neko and JS, I didn't notice that it was synchronous -- app seemed to keep on going.

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 12:41 PM, hosey hosey <hosey...@gmail.com> wrote:
Currently my application is freezing up when sending a http request until a response is received from the server.  I am thinking I need to wrap each haxe.http request in a Thread in order to achieve Async capabilities and have the GUI be responsive.

What are you using?

我每天睡不着

Jul 8, 2017, 7:26:17 AM7/8/17
to Haxe
I feel the hxcpp is more complex than c/c++, so directly using libuv+(ANY) just fine.