how far is C# support? Can one create libraries to be used in xamarin?

Nathan Hüsken

Aug 20, 2015, 7:14:04 AM8/20/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

in the hxcs repository it says:

For now there is still only the stub implementations, but the
roadmap is that until Haxe 3.0, we will have here: ...

Haxe 3.0 has been there for a long time. How far is the c# target?

I want to write xamarin apps, and use haxe libraries compiled to C#. Is
that possible?

Thanks!
Nathan

Dan Korostelev

Aug 20, 2015, 7:40:36 AM8/20/15
to Haxe
That README should be updated. I'm using Haxe C# target quite successfully for 3 projects now (though I only use it in Unity3D environment). We fixed and optimized quite a lot since 3.0 so it's in fairly good state right now.

Adrian Veith

Aug 20, 2015, 11:29:07 AM8/20/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
This should work - I tried this for some test projects.
Currently I am working on a Cordova Plugin written in pure Haxe - you
can write the backend code in Haxe as well and call it via Haxe
remoting. This works already for Android/Haxe-Java and WP8/Haxe-C#. Next
step is iOS/Haxe-C++

cheers, Adrian.