Macro Quote / Unquote functions

Laurence Taylor

Jun 22, 2016, 7:48:41 AM6/22/16
to Haxe

Has anyone looked into quoting and unquoting expressions in macros?

I’ve tried macro ${v} but it chokes on abstracts.

regards,
Laurence

Mark Knol

Jun 22, 2016, 5:45:43 PM6/22/16
to Haxe
What is the problem you're running into, do you have a more specific question?

Laurence Taylor

Jun 23, 2016, 3:37:24 AM6/23/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It occurred to me that you could pass type information etc from the macro context up and through the runtime context by creating expressions of declarations. There was a video on quoted domain specific languages (there are various versions) which got me thinking about it, and I was wondering if anyone had done any work on it here.

regards,
Laurence