Properties files utf8 invalid character

Andre Lacasse

Nov 11, 2016, 4:13:47 PM11/11/16
to Haxe
Hi,

I'm creating a macro parsing properties files from a Flex project and creating classes with Map<String, String> for targets JS and Flash. I'm able to read files tree, but the content is UTF8 and I got invalid character error from Utf8.decode() from my macro.

characters 4-9 : Utf8::decode invalid character (8722)

Flash and JS

How to handle Utf8 file content with macro?

Skial Bainn

Nov 14, 2016, 6:17:49 AM11/14/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I would take a look at using unifill which is a unicode library providing utf8/16/32 classes, written in pure haxe so it should work fine during the macro context.