Any Haxe examples of saving project / temp files, filesystem dialogs, etc

Jeff Ward

Jul 14, 2015, 4:13:39 PM7/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Anyone aware of code samples (C++ target compatible) that save (binary) files to the filesystem in a temporary directory, or the user's home directory? While I do see Sys.environment, File, and FileSystem APIs, I don't see an API similar to Adobe AIR's cross-platform File which has useful statics including applicationDirectory, applicationStorageDirectory, cacheDirectory, etc.

I'm not sure whether to build a temp directory under the user's home folder (hopefully env[HOME] is cross-platform), or if there's a better way to do that.

This is for saving temp files for HxScout prior to asking the user where to save such a file.

Come to think of it, I could also use a filesystem dialog library.

I've been hoping that glazman's HTML-based UI library quaxe would be coming along for my dialog work, but I haven't seen much news of it lately. Quickly writing dialogs with simple HTML/CSS seems appealing to me.

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa

Jul 14, 2015, 4:41:12 PM7/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 14, 2015, at 3:13 PM, Jeff Ward <jeff...@gmail.com> wrote:

Come to think of it, I could also use a filesystem dialog library.

Maybe you could use Cauê’s systools: https://github.com/waneck/systools?

— Marcelo

Jeff Ward

Jul 14, 2015, 5:22:33 PM7/14/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Ah, good stuff there, I'll have a look around, thanks!

underscorediscovery

Jul 15, 2015, 4:09:00 PM7/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Be warned it is GPL.

David Elahee

Jul 15, 2015, 4:42:23 PM7/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Saw the license is lgpl on the repo...

Cauê Waneck

Jul 15, 2015, 4:43:06 PM7/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, since it's a fork, I can't do anything about the lgpl part.
But for desktop, it should be ok since the ndlls are already dynamically linked - rather than statically