compiler flag -dce-debug missing?

Seb

Nov 15, 2015, 2:18:59 PM11/15/15
to Haxe
In the documentation at http://haxe.org/manual/lf-condition-compilation-flags.html it is specified that a DCE log can be displayed when the -dce-debug compiler flag has been specified.

However, when I specify this flag, the Haxe compiler fails with:

Error: : unknown option `-dce-debug'.
Haxe Compiler 3.2.0 - (C)2005-2015 Haxe Foundation
 Usage : haxe.exe -main <class> [-swf|-js|-neko|-php|-cpp|-as3] <output> [options]

How can I see the DCE log? I want to find out why certain classes are eliminated and others are not.

Thanks,
Seb

p.s. also tried --dce-debug without luck.

Andreas Mokros

Nov 15, 2015, 2:41:20 PM11/15/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 11:18:58 -0800 (PST)
Seb <sebastian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> p.s. also tried --dce-debug without luck.

How about:
-D dce-debug
?

--
Mockey

Seb

Nov 16, 2015, 6:01:31 PM11/16/15
to Haxe
Works :-)

However it is confusing that some of the flags can be specified directly, e.g. -dce or -macro whereas others like dce-debug need to be specified via -D dce-debug

The page doesn't really mention this.

Thanks,
Seb

Philippe Elsass

Nov 16, 2015, 6:09:06 PM11/16/15
to Haxe
The page you linked to is about built-in "conditional compilation flags".

The page starts with a link to the definition and usage of such flags.

Philippe

Andreas Mokros

Nov 16, 2015, 6:45:25 PM11/16/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 15:01:31 -0800 (PST)
Seb <sebastian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> However it is confusing that some of the flags can be specified directly,
> e.g. -dce or -macro whereas others like dce-debug need to be specified via
> -D dce-debug

-dce and --macro (not -macro) are haxe command line arguments, run:
haxe --help
-dce just happens to set a compiler flag, it's a shortcut for -D dce=mode
--macro does something quite different
-D <var[=value]> is also a command line argument, that can set any compilation
flag (also your own)

haxe --help-defines
lists all compiler flags

--