haxe compilation server and lime

Nathan Hüsken

Jun 9, 2015, 1:05:33 PM6/9/15
to HaXe Mailinglist
Hey,

I have a openfl/lime project that takes very long to compile, which is
annoying.

I read about the haxe compilation server and I wonder if it would speed
up the compilation (not the first one, but starting from the second
one). Is that a valid assumption?

Now, I am using lime. Can I use the compilation server with lime? How?

Thanks!
Nathan

michael solomon

Jun 9, 2015, 2:09:49 PM6/9/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Why are you using lime for create a server? (I'm really asking :D )

Juraj Kirchheim

Jun 9, 2015, 6:49:16 PM6/9/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Funny, I've just figured that out yesterday when I tried to reproduce your problem with tink.

In your `project.xml` you need to add this: `<haxeflag name="--connect 12345" />` and then launch a server with `haxe --wait 12345` (or whatever port number you want).

As for whether or not it will help, that depends. The server usually invalides most of its cache when `-D` flags and such change, but you can always try.

Best,
Juraj

Nathan Hüsken

Jun 10, 2015, 12:02:21 PM6/10/15