haxe based CMS

Benjamin Dubois

Apr 28, 2016, 1:25:56 AM4/28/16
to Haxe
Just wondering if there were any haxe based CMS outthere.

There are some web framework, is there anything made upon ufront for instance ?

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Apr 28, 2016, 2:48:28 AM4/28/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I made one a long time ago, called PokoCMS. Sadly it's Haxe 2 and PHP only so probably not of much use to anyone. I can dig up the code if anyone is interested. It's a "data based" rather than "page based" CMS that only does content management, and none of the front-end stuff (templates etc).

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

phone: +1 650 842 0920

Developer at Fanplayr Inc. (Palo Alto)
Original at Touch My Pixel (touchmypixel.com)

Benjamin Dubois

May 2, 2016, 3:29:22 AM5/2/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you,

Yes Haxe 2 is a bit too "once upon a time" for what I had I mind.
Anyway it was most like a prayer.

Ashiq A.

May 2, 2016, 6:48:40 AM5/2/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I made a static website generator. It can create simple websites and blogs. But it doesn't have a front-end either (it's all markdown files and it generates HTML output).

Someone opened a PR asking me to turn it into a CMS. If you start down this road, I think you won't have a problem finding users for it.

Cambiata

May 2, 2016, 6:51:37 PM5/2/16
to Haxe

There are some web framework, is there anything made upon ufront for instance ?

I'm using ufront in a project with a cms kind-of solution, neko on the backend.
Very specifig for my needs, with extended markdown involving music notation syntax, so it's not a generic cms.

Not too hard to write your own solution to suite your needs, I think.
What kind of specs and functions are you looking for?
I would be happy if I could contribute in some way - if not with a plug-and-play ready-to-run cms..,

Jonas

tom rhodes

May 3, 2016, 9:05:41 AM5/3/16
to Haxe
I made some ckeditor extensions when making some inline editing for an app to edit html email templates. That in conjuction with ufront and erazor you could have the start to having a nice solution. The template editing, modules, etc. of the more complex cms's would still be complicated to do well though.

@Ashiq this is something I have been thinking about too, lots of small sites have zero need for being dynamic, Joomla, Wordpress, Expression engine etc are massive overkill in terms of server resources, I was thinking of a cms that spat out html, that in conjunction with nginx would be massively performant.

Ashiq A.

May 3, 2016, 9:22:34 AM5/3/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
@Tom I have similar requirements to yours. I needed a simple Haxe blog (my old one was Wordpress).

GitHub offers free HTML/JS hosting via GitHub Pages (TLDR: gh-pages branch with HTML/etc. is served up through their web servers). Butterfly spits out HTML exactly for this.