Next Phase of HathiTrust Ingest Tools Survey by May 15

Jeremy York

Apr 23, 2013, 7:39:25 AM4/23/13
to Rodgers, Denyse, Elizabeth McKelvey, Janet Gertz, th...@columbia.edu, Stuart Marquis, lme...@emory.edu, Kyle Fenton, Joe Shubitowski, Joseph Hafner, gregory...@mcgill.ca, Ann Thornton, Terrance D'Ambrosio, Warner, Beth A., Boomgaarden, Wesley, Marvin Bielawski, jst...@princeton.edu, Gail Clement, ja...@library.tamu.edu, Almudena Caballos Villar, Steve Bosch, frum...@u.library.arizona.edu, Frances Dean McNamara, gr...@udel.edu, Thomas Ehler Pulhamus, Judy Russell, chr...@uflib.ufl.edu, Cole, Timothy W, mh...@illinois.edu, Julich, Suzanne M M, Robertson, Wendy C, emily-...@uiowa.edu, John Butler, Riley, Ann C., Dykas, Felicity A., Hart, Andrew S, kspu...@email.unc.edu, daro...@email.unc.edu, Rick Anderson, ian.g...@utah.edu, kinza....@utah.edu, tje...@u.washington.edu, Ann Lally, Irene Zimmerman, pgo...@library.wisc.edu, betty...@usu.edu, Susan Gibbons, george.o...@yale.edu, jmi...@library.tamu.edu, mct...@illinois.edu, hathitru...@googlegroups.com, Aaron Elkiss, Cory Snavely, Angelina Zaytsev
Hello,

We are sending this message to Primary Contacts and staff at institutions that have either indicated they would be depositing locally-digitized materials in HathiTrust in 2013, have otherwise been in touch with us about deposit of locally-digitized materials, or are on our HathiTrust Ingest Google group.

We are in the process of developing a schedule for work on the next version of ingest tools to aid in the validation and packaging of locally-digitized materials for deposit in HathiTrust. In order to assist in planning, we have created a survey to gather information on the status of content preparation at each institution. The survey is available at http://tinyurl.com/braugvq. We would like just one response per institution, unless it makes sense from your view to have more than one, and to receive responses by May 15, 2013. The list of the recipients of this email is available here: http://tinyurl.com/d264fpe. There is some overlap in the Ingest Google group and our content contact list. I would encourage anyone involved in content preparation who should be receiving messages of this type to join our Google Group for updates on the ingest tools and other possible announcements (see https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/hathitrust-ingest). If any contacts (aside from Primary Contacts) are included as recipients of this message but should not be, please let me know that as well.

Thank you very much, and please let me know if there are any questions.

Best,

Jeremy

Jeremy York
Project Librarian, HathiTrust