haskell reflection paper

Erik Rantapaa

Nov 7, 2013, 9:18:19 AM11/7/13
to hask...@googlegroups.com
Here is the paper I mentioned which describes how reflection is performed in Haskell:

It's a little dense, but it is readable by non-academics. It also covers a lot of advanced Haskell type techniques which are good to know and used in a lot of other Haskell libraries.

Danny Gratzer

Nov 7, 2013, 1:29:25 PM11/7/13
to Erik Rantapaa, hask...@googlegroups.com
Context for the paper (and shameless self promotion) is this project https://bitbucket.org/jozefg/reified-record

The HEAD version is a much more pleasant API than what's on cabal (at the time of me writing this).

Cheers,
Danny Gratzer

Danny Gratzer

Nov 7, 2013, 4:15:41 PM11/7/13
to Erik Rantapaa, hask...@googlegroups.com
Update, Hackage now has the newest version.

Cheers,
Danny Gratzer

Erik Rantapaa

Nov 8, 2013, 11:43:45 AM11/8/13
to hask...@googlegroups.com, Erik Rantapaa
A slightly more gentle introduction to computing with the type system may be found in the article "Type Level Instant Insanity" published in the Monad Reader:

There is also some more notes and discussion on the Haskell wiki: