Talk Ideas

Danny Gratzer

Mar 12, 2014, 10:11:40 PM3/12/14
to hask...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

This is the other thread about talks. As for what to expect if you want to give a talk

  - Figure 10-15 minutes (including questions)
  - Hopefully we'll have a projector but if not slides/code for download would be nice
  - Topics on tangentially similar Haskell like Idris, Agda, Scala (?) are probably OK

If you're interested, please reply here :) Once we have a list, we'll add it to the website.

I'd actually be OK giving one of two talks (a few meetups away perhaps?)  on either

  - Exactly Enough Type Theory to understand Haskell 98
  - How Stream-Fusion Works in GHC's Prelude

Cheers,
Danny Gratzer

Kyle Marek-Spartz

Mar 18, 2014, 12:15:17 PM3/18/14
to Danny Gratzer, hask...@googlegroups.com
Would someone be interested in a talk on Service Oriented Architecture? I’ve been thinking about Marius Eriksen’s "Your Server as a Function”, and have an extension to what he proposes that I’d like some feedback on before getting too far. Here’s his paper: http://monkey.org/~marius/funsrv.pdf

--
Kyle Marek-Spartz