How to Sell Haskell (from Chicago Meetup)

Trevor Riles

Apr 3, 2015, 1:22:17 PM4/3/15
to hask...@googlegroups.com

Kyle Marek-Spartz

Apr 3, 2015, 1:37:38 PM4/3/15
to Trevor Riles, hask...@googlegroups.com
They're interesting and a valuable read.

My only note is I think their notion of Agile is a bit
off... It seems their impressions of it are based on a poor, dogmatic
implementation of Agile. Many of their goals are also goals of
Agile. Agile, improperly implemented, may seem very "deadline" oriented,
but the whole point of it is to not be firefighting... So I'm unsure
about that aspect of the slides.

The rest of it though provides a good tone to frame the discussion about
"Why Haskell".

--
Kyle Marek-Spartz

Alex Berg

Apr 22, 2015, 1:38:18 PM4/22/15
to hask...@googlegroups.com
That was an excellent presentation. I'll be referencing this multiple times in the future. Thanks for posting!