ANN: tasty-0.10 and tasty-hunit-0.9

Roman Cheplyaka

Sep 7, 2014, 4:34:09 PM9/7/14
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
Dear tasty users,

I just uploaded tasty-0.10. The changes are:

* There's now a --color option which you can use to override the default
automatic mode (which is to display colors iff stdout is a terminal). The
values are never, always and auto (default).
By Daniel Gorín.

* tasty collects and displays timings for tests. By Eric Seidel.

The timings feature required a breaking change to the types of `launchTestTree`
and `TestReporter` to accept the total run time. Please update the plugins that
use these functions. Other than that, the end users should not be affected.

* * *

A month ago I also made a major release of tasty-hunit which I forgot to
announce here, so here it goes:

tasty-hunit now does not depend on the original HUnit package. The functions
that were previously re-exported from HUnit have been simply copied to
tasty-hunit.

This is motivated by:

* efficiency (one less package to compile/install)
* reliability (if something happens with HUnit, we won't be affected)

The two packages are still compatible, except for the name clashes and
distinct exception types being thrown on assertion failures.

Roman
signature.asc