Re: Tasty website is down

Roman Cheplyaka

Aug 18, 2014, 3:49:28 AM8/18/14
to Luke Hoersten, haskel...@googlegroups.com

Hi Luke,

* Luke Hoersten <lu...@hoersten.org> [2014-08-17 22:25:26-0500]
> Hey,
>
> http://documentup.com/feuerbach/tasty is down.

Thanks for the notice. This is the second time this month. I told Jerome, the
owner of documentup, but it's probably time to migrate. I'll think about the
alternatives.

In the meantime, you can use https://github.com/feuerbach/tasty. The documentup
website is just the README.md with a nice design.

> Also, is there a reason tasty doesn’t have a monad transformer? I had to use a
> writerT to interleave with my other monads and create a list of test cases.

No specific reason, I guess. Can you try to create a new package with a
transformer-based API? If such an API proves to be popular among users, we can
talk about including it in tasty proper or even replacing the main API.

Until that happens, the users will at least have an option to use your package,
and you can experiment with the API more liberally.

If you need any help with it, don't hesitate to ask.

> I love tasty btw. Thanks for the great work.

Thanks, glad to hear that!

Roman
signature.asc

Roman Cheplyaka