[Haskell-cafe] help with glfw seg-fault

bri...@aracnet.com

May 26, 2015, 1:19:38 AM5/26/15
to haskel...@haskell.org
Hi,

GLFW.swapBuffers w

is the culprit.

Not sure where to go from there.

That's a pretty low level failure.

Any suggestions.

Brian

Daniel P. Wright

May 26, 2015, 1:34:25 AM5/26/15
to <briand@aracnet.com>, haskel...@haskell.org
Hi Brian,

Have you checked for / output any GL errors that happen before you call swapBuffers? I have a function printErrors (as defined here http://dpwright.com/posts/2015/03/25/the-haskell-gl-package/#error-handling-utilities ) which I scatter around when things go wrong to try and find the root cause...

-Dani

bri...@aracnet.com

May 29, 2015, 12:18:59 AM5/29/15
to Daniel P. Wright, haskel...@haskell.org
On Tue, 26 May 2015 14:34:16 +0900
"Daniel P. Wright" <da...@dpwright.com> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> Have you checked for / output any GL errors that happen before you call swapBuffers? I have a function printErrors (as defined here http://dpwright.com/posts/2015/03/25/the-haskell-gl-package/#error-handling-utilities ) which I scatter around when things go wrong to try and find the root cause...

+list

glGetErrors is in the openglraw package but not opengl, which is kind of weird.

on your web page: GL_NO_ERROR should be gl_NO_ERROR

and sadly, i put in the getErrors function and i'm getting the empty list right before it segfaults.

bri...@aracnet.com

May 29, 2015, 12:32:40 AM5/29/15
to Daniel P. Wright, haskel...@haskell.org
On Tue, 26 May 2015 14:34:16 +0900
"Daniel P. Wright" <da...@dpwright.com> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> Have you checked for / output any GL errors that happen before you call swapBuffers? I have a function printErrors (as defined here http://dpwright.com/posts/2015/03/25/the-haskell-gl-package/#error-handling-utilities ) which I scatter around when things go wrong to try and find the root cause...

bug report!

m@(~(Just w)) <- createWindow 400 400 "Title" Nothing Nothing
when (isNothing m) (error "Couldn't create window!")

GLFW.makeContextCurrent m

then no seg-faults.

Daniel P. Wright

May 29, 2015, 1:58:24 AM5/29/15
to <briand@aracnet.com>, haskel...@haskell.org
Ah, yeah, that blog post I linked is using the "gl" package rather than the "OpenGL"/"OpenGLRaw" packages, so some of the names of things are a bit different.

Glad you got it sorted in the end!