[Haskell-cafe] ANN: network-2.6.3.0

ev...@evanrutledgeborden.dreamhosters.com

Jul 27, 2016, 10:24:23 AM7/27/16
to haskel...@haskell.org
Good day,

I am pleased to announce the release of network 2.6.3.0. This release is primarily focused
on stability, but includes a few new APIs. Thank you to the contributors for their continued
excellence.

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/network-2.6.3.0

Release Notes, Version 2.6.3.0:

 * New maintainers: Evan Borden (@eborden) and Kazu Yamamoto (@kazu-yamamoto).
   The maintainer for a long period, Johan Tibell (@tibbe) stepped down.
   Thank you, Johan, for your hard work for a long time.

 * New APIs: ntohl, htonl,hostAddressToTuple{,6} and tupleToHostAddress{,6}.
   [#210](https://github.com/haskell/network/pull/210)

 * Added a Read instance for PortNumber. [#145](https://github.com/haskell/network/pull/145)

 * We only set the IPV6_V6ONLY flag to 0 for stream and datagram socket types,
   as opposed to all of them. This makes it possible to use ICMPv6.
   [#180](https://github.com/haskell/network/pull/180)
   [#181](https://github.com/haskell/network/pull/181)

 * Work around GHC bug #12020. Socket errors no longer cause segfaults or
   hangs on Windows. [#192](https://github.com/haskell/network/pull/192)

 * Various documentation improvements and the deprecated pragmas.
   [#186](https://github.com/haskell/network/pull/186)
   [#201](https://github.com/haskell/network/issues/201)
   [#205](https://github.com/haskell/network/pull/205)
   [#206](https://github.com/haskell/network/pull/206)
   [#211](https://github.com/haskell/network/issues/211)

 * Various internal improvements.
   [#193](https://github.com/haskell/network/pull/193)
   [#200](https://github.com/haskell/network/pull/200)

Sergei Trofimovich

Jul 30, 2016, 4:40:13 AM7/30/16
to ev...@evanrutledgeborden.dreamhosters.com, haskel...@haskell.org
On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:24:13 -0400
"ev...@evan-borden.com" <ev...@evanrutledgeborden.dreamhosters.com> wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I am pleased to announce the release of network 2.6.3.0. This release is
> primarily focused
> on stability, but includes a few new APIs. Thank you to the contributors
> for their continued
> excellence.
>
> https://hackage.haskell.org/package/network-2.6.3.0

Woohoo!

I've updated network package from 2.6.2.1 to 2.6.3.0
and noticed a few package packages started failing tests
with seemingly the same point to network changes.

Release notes don't point to chages in exception delivery.

Do you think the following failures are package bugs
or subtle network change?

>>> Failed to emerge dev-haskell/simple-sendfile-0.2.25, Log file:
>>> '/tmp/portage-tmpdir/portage/dev-haskell/simple-sendfile-0.2.25/temp/build.log'
>>> Failed to emerge dev-haskell/fluent-logger-0.2.3.1, Log file:
>>> '/tmp/portage-tmpdir/portage/dev-haskell/fluent-logger-0.2.3.1/temp/build.log'
>>> Failed to emerge dev-haskell/http-client-0.4.30, Log file:
>>> '/tmp/portage-tmpdir/portage/dev-haskell/http-client-0.4.30/temp/build.log'
>>> Failed to emerge dev-haskell/dbus-0.10.12, Log file:
>>> '/tmp/portage-tmpdir/portage/dev-haskell/dbus-0.10.12/temp/build.log'

simple-sendfile-0.2.25
Failures:

test/SendfileSpec.hs:30:
1) Sendfile.sendfile sends an entire file
uncaught exception: IOException of type EOF (Network.Socket.recvBuf: end of file (end of file))

fluent-logger-0.2.3.1
Network.Fluent.Logger
post
fluent-logger-spec: Network.Socket.recvBuf: end of file (end of file)

http-client-0.4.30
spec-nonet: Network.Socket.recvBuf: end of file (end of file)
connecting to missing server gives nice error message
extra headers after 100 #49

dbus-0.10.12
Test suite dbus_tests: RUNNING...
dbus_tests: Network.Socket.recvBuf: end of file (end of file)
[ ABORT ] Transport.handle-lost-connection
Test aborted due to exception: TransportError {transportErrorMessage = "Network.Socket.recvBuf: end of file (end of file)", t
ransportErrorAddress = Just (Address "tcp:family=ipv4,host=localhost,port=52067")}

--

Sergei

Sergei Trofimovich

Jul 30, 2016, 7:11:48 AM7/30/16
to ev...@evanrutledgeborden.dreamhosters.com, haskel...@haskell.org
On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 09:39:57 +0100
Sergei Trofimovich <sly...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:24:13 -0400
> "ev...@evan-borden.com" <ev...@evanrutledgeborden.dreamhosters.com> wrote:
>
> > Good day,
> >
> > I am pleased to announce the release of network 2.6.3.0. This release is
> > primarily focused
> > on stability, but includes a few new APIs. Thank you to the contributors
> > for their continued
> > excellence.
> >
> > https://hackage.haskell.org/package/network-2.6.3.0
>
> Woohoo!
>
> I've updated network package from 2.6.2.1 to 2.6.3.0
> and noticed a few package packages started failing tests
> with seemingly the same point to network changes.
>
> Release notes don't point to chages in exception delivery.
>
> Do you think the following failures are package bugs
> or subtle network change?

Answering my own question. Known network-2.6.3.0 bug:
https://github.com/haskell/network/issues/215
Posted minimal test to the bug.