Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Tim Bete

no leída,
7 jul 2010, 21:49:187/7/10
a har...@harp-l.org
I'm looking to buy my first amp but don't want to spend very much. What's the best harp amp for under $500?
Tim

Zack

no leída,
7 jul 2010, 22:22:437/7/10
a t...@timbete.com,har...@harp-l.org
HarpGear Rock Bottom is $500.

--
-Just Finished: The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway.
-Currently Reading: Nothing, tomorrow going to pick up Brave New World, only

paul hoffman

no leída,
8 jul 2010, 9:18:088/7/10
a t...@timbete.com,har...@harp-l.org

I have a sweet Harpgear 5f2 I will take $500 for (plus shipping). Tweed, weber alnico 10a125o. contact me if you want info or pix.

Paul
> Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 18:49:18 -0700
> From: t...@timbete.com
> To: har...@harp-l.org
> Subject: [Harp-L] Best harp amp for under $500

> I'm looking to buy my first amp but don't want to spend very much. What's the best harp amp for under $500?
> Tim

ALAN FUNK

no leída,
8 jul 2010, 11:40:498/7/10
a har...@harp-l.org

Has anyone tried/used Fat Dog amps?

Truly would like to get one but don't really know anyone personally that uses one.

Looking to upgrade my sound and these look very interesting on the web page.

Prices are reasonable too.

AMF........

Message: 12
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 18:49:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tim Bete <t...@timbete.com>

Subject: [Harp-L] Best harp amp for under $500

To: har...@harp-l.org

Mike Rogers

no leída,
8 jul 2010, 11:49:498/7/10
a ALAN FUNK,har...@harp-l.org
I use and tell my students to check out the Kalamazoo, at
www.blowsmeaway.com. Gregg does a great job with restoration, and they
have killer sound. Under $500. They do need to be mic-ed in a band
situation.

Bullfrog

> http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5=

Richard Hunter

no leída,
8 jul 2010, 12:08:358/7/10
a har...@harp-l.org

>On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Tim Bete <t...@timbete.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking to buy my first amp but don't want to spend very much. What's
>> the best harp amp for under $500?

$500 will buy you a 5 to 15 watt amp with an 8" to 12" speaker. You can search the Harp-l archives at harp-l.org for recommendations. One frequently recommended setup is the Epiphone Galaxy Junior with a half-stack cabinet, which is within your budget.

As an alternative, consider a keyboard amp with an amp modeler like one of the Digitech RPs. A number of the people on this list are using these and can provide comments on their experiences if they choose.

If you go the amp modeler route, your costs are as follows:
Keyboard amp by Peavey (KB3, 60 watt, 12" speaker) = $298 new (musiciansfriend.com)
Digitech RP355 (top of the line amp modeler, why not?) = $200 new
Richard Hunter patchset for RP355 = $25

That's slightly over your $500 budget ($523 to be exact), but in addition to a wide range of amped sounds, you also get a lot of effects (like reverb, delay, etc.) that would run you in the neighborhood of $75-100 apiece if purchased separately. You also have an amp (the Peavey) that will do clean sounds very, very well, as opposed to the sounds you're going to get from a small tube amp.

You can reduce the overall expense by choosing an RP255 instead of a 355 (which cuts the price by $50, at the expense of few amp and cabinet model, FX, and less EQ flexibility), or getting a used RP350 (which is the same as the RP355 minus a few amp and cabinet models). I wouldn't get an RP155--that device has no expression pedal, and you really want one.

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick

Splash!

no leída,
8 jul 2010, 9:56:528/7/10
a har...@harp-l.org
Used Kalamazoo2.

And if you need more volume, stick a SM-57 (or similar ) microphone in front
of it and plug into the PA.

Greg at Blows Me Away can help you for sure.

Splash!