Question: isHannaSQL will work on both Windows and Linux

jand...@soloeurope.com

Jul 4, 2012, 5:42:39 AM7/4/12
to hann...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your work on this project, it will be a really a good thing if a good tools like heidiSQL run on Linux, I'm impatient to test it.

I want to ask about compatibility with Windows, because use the same tools in multiple OS is too a good thing.

I actually edit code with Geany, it use GTK and can work pretty well on windows and Linux, is hannaSQL too ?

Thanks again

Jay

Leo Unglaub

Jul 4, 2012, 6:11:34 AM7/4/12
to hann...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
i have no plans to release a Windows versions to. I am cloning HeidiSql
in so much points and profit from the Work anse did (specially in the
inteface), so i don't want a competition between the tools. But the
source code is open and i am sure it's no problem to compile it for
windows to. As long as you have GTK for windows installed, it should work.

My main goal is the Linux plattform, because it's the ONLY real
operation system for me. but if you interested in forking and building
Windows/Mac binary's it's fine with me.

Greetings
Leo
--
Leo Unglaub
Nachreihengasse 39 / Top 7

Phone: 0650 / 6575103
Website: http://www.leo-unglaub.net
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeoUnglaub

Send with Mozilla Thunderbird on Linux (Ubuntu)