Creating multiselect dropdown *with* user updateable values (with chosen plugin)

rol...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2017, 12:01:18 PM9/5/17
to Handsontable
I recently had a request to update my handsontable setup.

I already have a column that uses the jquery chosen plugin to allow multiselect from a pulldown. I posted about it in stackoverflow here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31931372/handsontable-dropdowns-with-multiple-selections/42255843#42255843

That works great.

I set out to find how to be able to modify this to allow the user to add additional values outside of the list.

K48 provides a great solution for standard page using jquery and chosen here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18706735/adding-text-other-than-the-selected-text-options-to-the-select-with-the-chosen-p

Seemed pretty straightforward at first glance. Then I tried to actually implement it, and just couldn't get it to go.

I'm hoping that somebody here could maybe take a look at those two pages, and see how I might be able to integrate?