HamSCI Contesting League - NA QSO Party, January 22, 2022

Gary Mikitin, AF8A

Dec 22, 2021, 6:53:43 PM12/22/21
to HamSCI

Calling all licensed HamSCI members…to the HamSCI Contesting League!

On January, 22, 2022, we hope to have HamSCI members participating in teams, operating in the North American QSO Party, SSB.

It will be a chance to meet some of your fellow HamSCI participants on the airwaves, and exercise the ham radio privileges and skills we all worked so hard to obtain through study, testing and on-the-air practice.

Full details are on the HamSCI website:  https://hamsci.org/article/hamsci-contesting-league

In a nutshell:  The idea is for HamSCI participants to make QSOs (2-way contacts) in the NAQP,  log those contacts, and then submit the logs to the contest sponsor, the National Contest Journal (NCJ).

Prior to the contest, I’d like to collect the callsigns of the hams who plan to participate, so we can form HamSCI teams, and perhaps stimulate some friendly competition.  At the very least, our teams and team members will be recognized when the contest results are published in the prestigious NCJ.

Are you open to getting on the air, making 1, 10 or even 100+ QSOs?  If so, please join us on a team.  Prior to the contest, please let me know if you plan to operate - I will take care of the team registration details.  The HamSCI Contesting League can’t promise fame or fortune, but surely an opportunity for HamSCI camaraderie awaits!

73 de Gary, AF8A

P.S.  I’d be glad to answer questions about the event….my e-mail address is near the end of the above mentioned web page, or you can find it on my QRZ.com page.

Bob Gerzoff

Dec 24, 2021, 6:12:04 AM12/24/21
to ham...@googlegroups.com

Sounds like fun though I’m not sure which team I would join.  I suppose I’ll offer my log to the highest bidder.

73 and Merry Xmas,

Bob, WK2Y

--
Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.
---

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D.

Dec 24, 2021, 8:06:37 AM12/24/21
to ham...@googlegroups.com
I agree! I'm looking forward to this!

Merry Christmas!

73 Nathaniel W2NAF

Get Outlook for Android

Dec 24, 2021, 8:24:50 AM12/24/21
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Merry Christmas y’all!! I’m on my way back from California and kinda stuck in snow storm in Wyoming. Hope to attend Monday’s meeting.

73, Khan KE8QWB

Gerald Creager

Dec 24, 2021, 11:09:04 AM12/24/21
to Unknown
All my antennas are down except the whip and tuner on the Truck, but the transceiver isn't installed yet! (We're moving from Oklahoma to Colorado; I've retired.)

Capt Gerry Creager, CAP

SWR Health Services Officer
Weather and Environmental Support Officer -- Incident Management Team
OKWG Asst Dir Communications Planning

Gary Mikitin, AF8A

Jan 10, 2022, 10:38:48 AM1/10/22
to HamSCI
It is now less than two weeks until the NAQP SSB.  We have six 'yes' and one 'maybe' signed up the the HamSCI Teams.  The solar forecast is encouraging for that weekend, so all of the non-WARC HF bands  (10, 15, 20, 40, 80, 160 meters) should be active during the contest.

Part-timers are welcome - there's no need  to plan on spending the entire 10 hours on the air to be a team member.  Remember too that contests are a great way to add to your Worked All States or Canadaward band totals.

Feel free to message me here ('Reply to Author') or via my callsign at my arrl.net address.

QRZ Contest?

73 de Gary, AF8A

  • AF8A
  • KJ4OAP
  • N8ET
  • VA3CBN
  • W1BPM
  • WK2Y
  • W2NAF

Bob Gerzoff

Jan 10, 2022, 1:40:33 PM1/10/22
to ham...@googlegroups.com

Oh no.  My Flex had to back to Austin for repair.  I doubt it will make it back before then.  I will be QRP but don’t if the odds on my having many contacts were low before, they have now decreased by at least 12 db.  Keep your ears open for me.

73,

Bob, WK2Y

Jan 16, 2022, 4:59:10 PM1/16/22
to HamSCI
I can play part-time. Please add, and thank you for organizing...

Brad WF7T
Nashville TN EM66

Gary Mikitin

Jan 16, 2022, 8:06:40 PM1/16/22
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Thanks much, Brad.  I have added you to the list of participants.

I will announce the team names and who’s on which teams Saturday morning.  (On the HamSCI Google group.)

73 de Gary, AF8A