Call for participation: HAMR + MMH @ ISMIR 2016: Science of Music Hackathon, August 5th-6th

Colin Raffel

May 25, 2016, 12:36:02 AM5/25/16
to HAMR Discussion
For the third year in a row, we will be having a HAMR immediately before ISMIR.  This year, however, we're also teaming up with Monthly Music Hackathon to present a special "Science of Music" hackathon.  Full details are below.  Please re-distribute widely, with apologies for any cross-posting!

August 5th-6th, 2016
New York, NY, USA

Hacking Audio and Music Research (HAMR) and the Monthly Music Hackathon (MMH) are teaming up to present the "Science of Music Hackathon" on August 5th and 6th, 2016. The event will be held in conjunction with ISMIR 2016 in hopes of fostering collaborations between conference attendees and MMH participants.  HAMR is a hackathon series focusing on the development of new techniques for analyzing, processing, and synthesizing audio and music signals.  MMH is a monthly event where musicians, programmers, artists, scientists, composers, hardware tinkerers, and others to hack together projects exploring music.  The Science of Music Hackathon will provide a space for individuals with various backgrounds and experience levels to test out ideas as opposed to finishing a polished project or paper.

Individuals and groups are invited to spend August 5th and 6th working on projects and novel research in any of the following areas:
  • Music informatics
  • Audio, speech and music signal processing
  • Machine listening
  • Environmental sound analysis
  • Computer music
  • Computational auditory perception/cognition
If you'd like to attend, please fill out this form before August 3rd, 2016. Registration is free and all are welcome.

georgi.d...@upf.edu

Jul 26, 2016, 10:26:26 AM7/26/16
to HAMR Discussion
Hi, I am looking for a team for HAMR 2016. Anybody with a cool project idea?
Except for some know how on lyrics modeling  (http://mtg.upf.edu/biblio/author/810) I have experience with python :=)