MARK YOUR CALENDARS: HAMR-in-the-Woods @ Dartmouth

Andy Sarroff

Aug 2, 2013, 2:32:54 PM8/2/13
to hamr-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

In my opinion June's HAMR @ Columbia was a great success.The non-corporate emphasis along with Colin's and the rest of LabROSA's effort made it an entirely enjoyable gathering.

Since then, I've been discussing the idea of hosting a similar event at Dartmouth College while taking advantage of our rural setting. I am pleased to announce a Dartmouth College HAMR-in-the-Woods. A web site and more information will be posted in the following weeks. But here are some of the relevant details:
  • Arrive in Hanover, New Hampshire Friday September 27, depart Sunday September 29
  • The hackathon will take place at a quaint rural inn during the height of New England's fall foliage
  • The event (including meals and lodging for up to 40 participants) is sponsored by Dartmouth College's Neukom Institute and BMARS
  • We seek equal participation from undergraduate and graduate students
  • Hackers will be able to work at the venue without interruption through the weekend
  • Voluntary guided hikes and other outdoor activities will be arranged to break up the coding
  • Everyone will be encouraged to bring music instruments; we'll have social hours/jam sessions in the evenings
We have committed to the date and venue, but the event is otherwise in the planning stages. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please don't hesitate to direct them to me or the rest of the group.

Please spread the word and encourage friends/enemies to sign up to the HAMR Discussion Google group. I'll be using this group as the primary means for disseminating updates.

Best,
--Andy