Call for participation: HAMR@ISMIR 2015, October 24-25th

Colin Raffel

May 26, 2015, 8:33:04 AM5/26/15
to hamr-d...@googlegroups.com
All, we are pleased to announce that we'll be holding another HAMR this year in conjunction with ISMIR 2015.  For those who came to HAMR@ISMIR 2014, the format will be very similar!  A call for participation is below.  Please re-distribute widely, with advance apologies for any cross-posting!

Hacking Audio and Music Research@ISMIR 2015

October 24 - 25th, 2015
Malaga, Spain

Researchers are invited to participate in HAMR@ISMIR 2015, to be held in conjunction with the 16th International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference.  HAMR is a hackathon series focusing on the development of new techniques for analyzing, processing, and synthesizing audio and music signals.  As with previous iterations, this 7th HAMR will provide a space for individuals from various institutions, backgrounds, and experience levels to test out novel ideas as opposed to finishing a polished project and paper.  Individuals and groups are invited to spend October 24th-25th, 2015 working on novel research in any of the following areas:
  • Music informatics
  • Audio, speech and music signal processing
  • Machine listening
  • Environmental sound analysis
  • Computer music
  • Computational auditory perception/cognition
All individuals who would like to attend should fill out this form before September 26, 2015. Registration is free and researchers from any stage in their career are encouraged to participate.