Learning Forms

BeeRich33

Dec 8, 2014, 10:53:00 AM12/8/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks.

I've looked far and wide and I'm obviously missing something.  I want to learn form syntax or something that could write it for me.  I can't find any documentation anywhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I would appreciate it.

Cheers

Hampton Catlin

Dec 8, 2014, 10:59:05 AM12/8/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com
What kind of forms are you looking to make? Haml can be useful in creating forms, but it’s not required. What do you want the forms to do?

If you are looking to learn web development, I’d recommend http://www.teamtreehouse.com where they can teach you how to build your own forms with any number of different back ends.

BeeRich33

Dec 8, 2014, 1:02:45 PM12/8/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com
I've been doing web development since 1998 and write frameworks.  Just wanting to learn HAML as I'm using it.  Can I just toss in a normal html form?

Thanks

BeeRich33

Dec 8, 2014, 1:09:19 PM12/8/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com
LOL sorry before '98.  I'm too old to remember now.

Hampton

Dec 8, 2014, 1:30:46 PM12/8/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Sorry! I misunderstood.

You can write any HTML in Haml. A form would might like...

   %form
      %input{type: "text", name: "username"}

Checkout the tutorials at http://haml.info/tutorial.html

BeeRich

Dec 8, 2014, 1:44:46 PM12/8/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com
So what you are saying is that there is nothing published online for forms. That page, that tutorial, that site, has nothing on forms whatsoever. I’m looking for the more complex inputs like radios and boxes.

Hampton Catlin

Dec 8, 2014, 1:48:38 PM12/8/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com, ha...@googlegroups.com
Haml just turns directly into HTML. So, how you do a radio box in Haml depends on how you would do it in HTML. It’s just a style of writing the tags out. If you want to learn about radio boxes, then any kind of article about HTML radio boxes will apply equally.