HTML in HAML issues

Scott

May 30, 2014, 10:59:09 PM5/30/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com
I've been at this for a few hours and cannot seem to figure it out.  I have a sinatra application, which retrieves a data from a database and creates a Post object.  A field/attribute of post is named content (ie:  post.content) , which contains html data.  I'm attempting to display this content "AS HTML" in haml, but not having any luck.

How do I display this in a haml page as actual html and not just a string of useless nonsense?

I've tried many things and it just displays the sting of html instead of actually displaying the html "AS HTML" in the page.

ie:
#{@post.content}
!= #{@post.content}
= @post.content

I've tried dozens of other methods posted online, but for the life of me cannot figure it out.  I think rails has something like html_safe.

If I put something like "<h1>HELLO</h1> in the haml page it displays fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.