Raspberry Pi build night

Baha Baydar

Mar 18, 2015, 8:36:25 PM3/18/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Just saw this on FB: https://www.facebook.com/raspberrypi/posts/380322625484547

Should we submit an entry?

--
Baha Baydar                      http://www.hyperion.org
bba...@gmail.com           http://www.hal-con.com

Shawn Wilson

Mar 18, 2015, 8:40:42 PM3/18/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

I'm game.  I've got a couple Pi projects I've been meaning to do.

--

---

Adam Cox

Mar 18, 2015, 8:53:53 PM3/18/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I was debating this but our last couple Instructables build nights have been a bit sparsely attended. Since you guys have shown interest I'll go fill out the forms.

Shawn Wilson

Mar 18, 2015, 8:56:30 PM3/18/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

I can commit to one of the 3 required Instructables.

Baha Baydar

Mar 18, 2015, 9:01:19 PM3/18/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I'd be able to do another one.

Shawn Wilson

Mar 21, 2015, 3:05:01 PM3/21/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Mostly a reminder to myself: I want to make a laser triggered camera for Kub Kars that will display a picture of the finish line when the beam is broken.  Option to have a laser trigger at the beginning too, to get time.  Maybe superimpose the time over the picture.
--
Shawn Wilson
@glassgiant

Adam Cox

Mar 23, 2015, 2:24:22 PM3/23/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I just got word back that we were not accepted for the Raspberry Pi build night. :( They had 65 spaces apply for 20 spots. They did announce another build night for May using Strawbees http://www.instructables.com/community/May-2015-Build-Night-with-Strawbees-2nd-build-nigh/ It might not be as exciting as the Raspberry Pi but if we do it and submit high quality Instructables we increase our chances of getting accepted for other Build Night events. This event would probably be a good kid-friendly, and more likely kid-encouraged, event too. Let me know if you're interested. If a few people are interested then I'll submit an application.

Shawn Wilson

Mar 23, 2015, 2:55:02 PM3/23/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

C'est la vie.  The strawbees don't really appeal to me.

Shawn Wilson

Mar 23, 2015, 2:55:43 PM3/23/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

...but thanks for trying. :)

Baha Baydar

Mar 23, 2015, 3:14:40 PM3/23/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

I'd never heard of those before. After taking a 30 second look at their website, no projects immediately sprung to mind.

I'll bounce it off the 11 year old and see if he can think of something that might be worth doing.

Adam Cox

Mar 23, 2015, 3:19:24 PM3/23/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
They have a video from their previous kickstarter campaign that shows off a bit more of the possibilities. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1624049406/strawbees-dream-big-build-bigger

Evan d'Entremont

Mar 30, 2015, 2:32:44 PM3/30/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com, sh...@glassgiant.com
That's actually a really good idea. It's not too hard with an arduino and a photodiode.