Project Night: Pinball

Peter-Frank Spierenburg

Jan 31, 2018, 9:30:14 AM1/31/18
to Halifax Makerspace
Greetings Halifax Makers,

No doubt you have seen the inert form of Hal-Con's Nelson Mania pinball machine in the red room at the space. On Saturday, February 3rd, as part of Project Night, we will begin the task of bringing it back to life. There are a number of issues that need to be addressed:
  • Find, and fix the cause of the audio hum
  • Replace the trough kick-out solenoid, and prevent future failures
  • Upgrade the Mission Pinball framework code
  • Fix the occasional light stutter

If any of that piques your interest, or if you're just interested in a tour of how pinball machines work, come on down, should be a great time.

Cheers!

Peter.

Bill Morrow

May 26, 2018, 3:22:00 PM5/26/18
to Halifax Makerspace
On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 10:30:14 UTC-4, Peter-Frank Spierenburg wrote:
Greetings Halifax Makers,

No doubt you have seen the inert form of Hal-Con's Nelson Mania pinball machine in the red room at the space. On Saturday, February 3rd, as part of Project Night, we will begin the task of bringing it back to life.

Any plans to work on the pinball machine tonight? I would like to see it working, in part so we can find it a place where people will use it and free up some room in the maker space. I'm browsing through the Mission Pinball documentation. Anything else I could do to get up to speed?