3D printer parts

Chris McDonald

Feb 21, 2017, 3:45:06 PM2/21/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

I have a large collection of 3d printer parts here and I've come to the conclusion that I'm never going to get around to doing anything with them.

A quick list off the top of my head:
- two sets of prusa I3 printed parts (one set is assembled into an i3)
- An e3d hot end (remote)
- A knock off e3d hot end (or two)
- Threaded rods and hardware
- 8mm smooth rods and bearings
- other misc bearings
- RAMPS (or two)
- lot of GT2 pulleys
- lot of GT2 timing belt
- 5+ stepper motors

I also have the makerspaces' old 3d printer here. It has quite a few issues.

The assembled i3 has a laser cut acrylic frame that isn't stiff or strong enough. The design files were for an aluminium frame. One could use the acrylic parts as a template to cut the parts out of aluminium or even wood.

So if anyone is interested in building a better printer for the makerspace, they are welcome to the parts. Otherwise the parts are for sale(less the old makerspace 3d printer).

I'll put together a more accurate inventory if there is interest.

I'm also thinking about selling off my 40W laser tube, psu, optics, water pump, exhaust blower, 1200mm long 12mm linear rails and linear bearings. Its another project that I can never seem to find time for.

My home shop is just getting too full.

Thanks
--
Chris McDonald

Shawn Wilson

Feb 21, 2017, 3:56:25 PM2/21/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chris,
I would be happy to take the 3D printer parts for the Makerspace, but realistically it would be at least 6 months before I had time to tackle assembling or improving it. :). So if someone else can tackle it first, they're welcome to give it a go, and if you don't want to give them up to someone who can't use them in a timely manner, I totally understand. :)

Shawn

--

---

Baha Baydar

Feb 21, 2017, 3:58:36 PM2/21/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chris,

I'll take a whack at putting together a decent printer for the space. I have a bunch of aluminum that can be used.

I'll also buy all the other bits and pieces from you, including the laser stuff if you want.

Baha

--

---

Kenzie Phillips

Feb 25, 2017, 9:35:32 AM2/25/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Hi Chris,

I'm planning to build an I3, and would be interested in buying some of the spare parts. I've priced up all my electronics, but I'm now looking into hardware. I'm interested in what you've got. And I know it's not listed, but any chance you know where I can pick up an I3 frame made from wood or metal for a decent price?

Cheers,

Kenzie

Chris McDonald

Mar 18, 2017, 4:52:56 PM3/18/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

I still haven't gotten around to putting together an inventory of what I have kicking around. It has been very difficult to find time to get into my shop lately. '

I've been spending way to much time here at work. I just got a new milling machine for our shop and now I'm rushing to buy a 4x8' CNC router with year end money that must be spent. We are also buying a bunch of other new tools. The innovation lab next store to my shop also has 5 3d printers and a laser cutter.

Once things calm down here a bit we will have to get everyone in for an evening tour of the Discovery Centre.

I'm also going to be hiring a few part timers for our Exhibits department. We are looking for mechanically and technically inclined people to cover weekends and Wednesday evenings.  We are also looking for people to help out with exhibit design, builds and installations on an as needed basis. We are also looking for a few freelance AV tech's to cover events.

Thanks
--
Chris

Shawn Wilson

Mar 18, 2017, 5:20:39 PM3/18/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
No worries.  I've visited a couple times already. You have all the cool toys!  I'm sure we'd love a tour once things settle down a bit for you.

Best,
Shawn

---

James Somers

Mar 31, 2017, 12:52:48 PM3/31/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Did you find anybody for the exhibits part time positions and AV people?