Extruder threaded nozzle throat

Mia Haru

Apr 26, 2017, 2:37:29 AM4/26/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Hello, new member here.
Is there somewhere in the Dartmouth / Halifax area I can get a M6x30 1.75mm thread nozzle throat with Teflon? I just got an Anet A8 prusa i3 kit that just arrived yesterday from Hong Kong, and eight hours into installing it, when mounting the extruder unit, I happened to shear the threading by tightening the nut too far, and cannot fix it.
I'm looking for somewhere I can pick up a replacement part in the area, from retail or if anyone here has a spare part I could buy / trade for something. I don't want to wait weeks to get a replacement part from China.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Chris McDonald

Apr 26, 2017, 5:13:41 AM4/26/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Post a picture of the part.

No local retailer is going to stock that part but one of us may have something in our parts box,
--
Chris

---

Mia Haru

Apr 26, 2017, 5:19:59 AM4/26/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Here's what the part looks like. I don't know how to attach images on here if it can be done at all, but here's a link:
http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/Sq8AAOSwSclXLQuL/s-l225.jpg

Mia Haru

Apr 26, 2017, 1:06:46 PM4/26/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Anyone??

Baha Baydar

Apr 26, 2017, 1:16:48 PM4/26/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I might have a mk8 style at home. Which might work. I think you'll be hard pressed to find A8 parts locally. If you have access to a drill press or lathe you might be able to machine a temporary replacement from a standard bolt.

Inline image 1

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Mia Haru <mianak...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone??

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Mia Haru

Apr 26, 2017, 1:24:55 PM4/26/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Baha,
I think that's the right part and I'm willing to try it. I'm over in Dartmouth near Mic Mac Mall, is there a time and place we could meet? Happy to buy you coffee for your time. :)

Steve Dupuis

Apr 26, 2017, 9:05:39 PM4/26/17
to Halifax Makerspace
I have a few of those as well..

I'm in need of a pneumatic fitting for a Bowden Tube assembly..

Willing to trade if you have one?          I can bring the busted part to confirm the thread size.

Mia Haru

Apr 26, 2017, 9:20:25 PM4/26/17
to Halifax Makerspace
I don't have one of those, sorry. I'm new to being a maker. I'm an artist at nscad and just finished a class on lasercutting and 3d printing, which prompted me to want to buy my first printer kit. I can trade art*, buy coffee, pay cash, whichever is good.

Mia Haru

Apr 26, 2017, 9:58:08 PM4/26/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Desperately need a suitable replacement part so I can get to making. Already waited to get the printer and filament, really reluctant to waiting for another order from China...

Mia Haru

Apr 26, 2017, 11:22:38 PM4/26/17
to Halifax Makerspace
I've determined all I need is an "MK8 Hot End Barrel". If anyone has one it would really help me out.

Mia Haru

Apr 27, 2017, 5:28:42 AM4/27/17
to Halifax Makerspace
To update this, I've resolved my issue.
I located a store in Calgary that carries the part I need and I ordered two. I'll have to wait awhile til I can print anything but that's okay.
Thank you everyone for being receptive and doing your best to be helpful. I'll be lurking in the group and I'll drop by some events if able.

Baha Baydar

Apr 27, 2017, 9:34:34 AM4/27/17
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Did you order through Spool3D? https://spool3d.ca/mk8-hot-end-barrel/

Seems to be a fairly decent price.

--

---

Baha Baydar
bba...@gmail.com

Mia Haru

Apr 27, 2017, 5:53:51 PM4/27/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Yeah, that's exactly it. Was $15 for two with lettermail shipping. (Canada post, no tracking)
Looking through the reviews on the item page it seems a few other people had the same issue and the replacement worked great for them.
I'll let you guys know when I get my printer finally printing.
I have everything else on it done and tested it last night and it's running well, just need the part for my extruder.

Nathan Ryan

Apr 28, 2017, 8:10:53 AM4/28/17
to Halifax Makerspace
Hey Steve, I might have the part you need.  What thread is it?  I have a couple different sizes.

XD

Steve Dupuis

Apr 28, 2017, 1:26:29 PM4/28/17
to Halifax Makerspace