Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

Tom Servaes

olvasatlan,
2018. ápr. 10. 22:12:302018. 04. 10.
– halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I've given it my best, but I think I've reached the end. We got a donation of a powerful fan that we would have liked to convert to do air cleaning in the wood shop. The fan didn't work, but we were going to investigate.

I've now given it one last try and found that the thermal fuse (X22 UMI) has blown. Given that it was calibrated to blow at 215 Celsius, I'm thinking that something went seriously wrong before we received it as a donation.

Can suggest something that may have caused this type of heat and is fixable? If not, I'm sad to say we'll have no choice but to throw out the fan and motor.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Tom

PS. We do have a box fan in the wood shop and it works great. Thanks Téa for setting that up!

--
Tom Servaes

There's a war going on for your mind. If you're thinking, you're winning.

cell:902-449-4555
mailto:tom.s...@gmail.com

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." – George Bernard Shaw
"Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise." – Bertrand Russell
IMG_20180410_183549116_HDR.jpg

Adam Smith

olvasatlan,
2018. ápr. 10. 23:01:292018. 04. 10.
– Halifax Makerspace
Thoughts as to why it overheated:
Wrong/over voltage
Motor physically stalled
Coil failed and shorted
Someone used the fan when a 10ton A/C unit should have been used instead

Bill Morrow

olvasatlan,
2018. ápr. 11. 15:19:572018. 04. 11.
– Halifax Makerspace
Are the bearings OK?

Tom Servaes

olvasatlan,
2018. ápr. 11. 16:01:312018. 04. 11.
– halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks for the suggestions, Adam and Bill!

I will check those out tomorrow when I am at the space in the morning.

Tom

--

---

Téa Chen

olvasatlan,
2018. ápr. 13. 16:03:012018. 04. 13.
– Halifax Makerspace
It might have overheated due to the filter.  Strapping 1" filters to the back of a box fan can impede the flow too much.  I have a 4" filter at home that I was going to bring in later.  The other option is to build a box using 3 1" filters, but I'm more inclined to just duct tape a 4" to the back.  :)

Téa

Tom Servaes

olvasatlan,
2018. ápr. 13. 17:37:102018. 04. 13.
– halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
No worries. Yours still works, very well.

Tom

--

---

Shawn Wilson

olvasatlan,
2018. ápr. 13. 17:37:472018. 04. 13.
– halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
No, the box fan is working fine (when the filter is vacuumed).  Tom is talking about a dumpster find that Peter brought in to see if it could work.

--
Válasz mindenkinek
Válasz a szerzőnek